Jackson Hole Mountain Guides
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800.239.7642
Ice Climbing Equipment List
Be prepared to be out moving around in cold temperatures. Wear clothing made out of synthetic materials or natural products made such as wool or down. Cotton products are not acceptable. Clothing should be able to layer without encumbering your movement. If choosing down it must be kept dry.
- Top Long Sleeve Synthetic or Wool: medium to expedition weight long underwear
- Puffy Jacket: synthetic light weight down Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Jacket
- Soft Shell or Fleece Jacket Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Atherm Jacket
- Shell Jacket with hood. Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Cloudseeker Jacket
- Insulated Jacket– Hood Recommended. Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Supercharger Jacket
- Bottom Synthetic or Wool Long Underwear Bottoms. Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear 32 Degree Not So Tight
- Shell Pant: full side zips and built-in gaiters Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Firefall Pants
- Socks: Synthetic or wool. Sized for your boots and blister protection. Liners recommended.
HEAD AND HANDS
- Gloves 3 pair: 1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy pair Guide Pick: Cyclone Glove
- Hat: medium weight that will fit under a helmet
- Buff/neck gaiter
FOOTWEAR (Can be rented in Cody from Sunlight Sports. Please contact us to inquire about sizing)
- Boots – Should be rigid/step-in compatible, well insulated and plastic or hybrid. Boot should be specific for climbing ice
- Gaiters – Tall
- Crampons – Rigid with appropriate front points
TECHNICAL ICE CLIMBING EQUIPMENT – If climbing in Cody, you will be responsible for providing your own technical ice climbing equipment. If you do not have an item/items on this list, please contact the office with enough time for us to arrange something for you.
- 2 Technical Ice Hammers (No Adzes)
- 2 Ice Hammer Leashes
- Belay device
- 2 locking caribiners
- Back Pack: 30 to 40 Liter ski pack, Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Scrambler 35 Outdry Pack
- Water & Food: Thermos or insulated water bottles are best. Lot’s of snacks.
- Sunglasses/ Sunglass Case
- Ski Goggles
- Extra Prescription Glasses/Contact Lens
- Sunscreen/Lip balm
- Headlamp-Extra batteries