Jackson Hole Mountain Guides
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800.239.7642
Grand Teton Equipment List
Objective Dependent – Salewa footwear is available at Jackson Hole Mountain Guides for rent. JHMG also carries a selection of Five Ten Rock shoes for rent.
- Sticky Rubber Approach Shoes: required for all mid-summer climbs. – Guide Pick: Scarpa Crux or Scarpa Mescalito (Available for rent)
- Mountain Boots: Trips before early July require a crampon compatible mountain boot – Guide Pick: Scarpa Zodiach Tech (Available for rent)
- Rock Shoes for technical rock routes (Available for rent)
- Socks: 2-4 pair: sized for your boots and blister prevention
- Synthetic/Wool Long Underwear Top – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Butterman 1/2 Zip
- Synthetic/ Wool Sun Hoody – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Butterman Pullover Hoody
- Synthetic T-shirt – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Coolhiker AC Shirt
- Insulating Jacket: lightweight down or synthetic – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear- Dynotherm Hooded Jacket
- Soft Shell: fleece or pile Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear A-Therm Hooded Jacket
- Rain Jacket: waterproof/breathable with hood. Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear- Quasar Lite Jacket
- Synthetic/Wool Long Underwear Bottom Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear 32 Degree Tight
- Hiking Short or Pant for approach Guide Pick Mountain Hardwear Chockstone Hike Short
- Synthetic Climbing Pant Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear- Chalkstone Pant
- Rain Pant Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Exponent Pant
- Hat: lightweight to medium weight warm hat – sleek enough to be worn under a helmet Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Caelum Dome Beanie
- Gloves: BRING TWO PAIR.one lightweight to medium weight pair – synthetic or fleece material. If snow route, shell also recommended. Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear – Plasmic Out dry Glove
- Gaiters: only until mid-July
On the trail
- Alpine Climbing Pack – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear- Diretissima 50. Internal frame only. 45 to 5O L for 2 or 4 day trip. Large enough to fit all your personal gear plus ten pounds of food and water. Some trips will require additional Summit Pack for Technical Rock Climbs – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Scrambler 30
- Sleeping Bag Liner
- Water Bottles (2-3 L/Qt.) or H2O hydration system
- Water Treatment – Steripen or other
- Closed toed camp shoes (optional)
- Stuff Sacks: zip lock bags
- Dark Sunglasses
- Extra Contact Lenses
- Sun Hat or Visor
- Sunscreen (35+SPF)
- Lip Balm
- Headlamp and Fresh Batteries
- First Aid – minimal: blister care, analgesic, etc.
- Lunch, snacks & drink mix.
- Misc Items: minimal: light knife, camera,
bandana, camp suds, wash cloth, etc.
Recommended & Optional Items
- Trekking Poles
- Camera and batteries, spare memory card
- Insoles: custom or after market
Cold Weather Considerations:
Early and late season temperatures require warmer clothing. You may consider additional clothing if you get cold easily or if it is unusually cold or windy.
- Extra down vest or jacket
- Expedition weight long underwear
- Extra gloves
**Jackson Hole Mountain Guides supplies all the rock climbing gear, harnesses, helmets, locking carabiners & belay/rappel devices, crampons, and ice axes. However, you are welcome to bring your own equipment. Please coordinate with our office for gear checks. Backpacks, rock shoes, and boots can all be rented in our Jackson office.
For your safety and comfort, bring synthetic and or natural fiber clothing for insulation. Cotton is NOT recommended and down must be kept dry. Clothing should be able to layer without encumbering movement.Print this page