Red Rock Climbing Equipment List
- Sticky Rubber Approach Shoes, running shoes or hiking shoes: Guide Pick: Salewa Firetail 3
- Technical Rock Shoes
- Socks: 2 pair – preferably wool
- Synthetic T-shirt – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear AC Shirt
- Fleece or lightweight down sweater – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Monkeyman Jacket
- Lightweight Wind Shell – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Chockstone Jacket
- Rain Jacket: waterproof/breathable with hood. Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Quasar Light Jacket
- Synthetic Climbing Pant – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Chockstone Pant
- 30-40 Liter – Guide Pick: Mountain Hardwear Summitrocket 30
- Sun Hat – Baseball of full brimmed
- Water – Water bottles or hydration bladder
- (May-Sept) Minimum 3 Liters
- (Nov-April) Minimum 2 Liters
- Food: Energy Bars, fruit, sandwiches, trail mix. Bring Enough!
- Sunscreen/ Lip balm
- Headlamp (For long routes)
- Warm Weather – (May-Sept) The sun is intense and hydration is vital!. Hydrate the night before your climb/ hike. Consider freezing your water bottles or putting ice in them. Light colored and loose fitting clothes will help keep you cool.
- Cold Weather – (Nov-April) Bring gloves and a warm hat that will fit under your helmet. Bring extra layers like long underwear and a heavier winter jacket to keep warm when the sun ducks behind clouds of dips below the canyon walls.
Jackson Hole Mountain Guides supplies all the rock climbing gear, harnesses, helmets, locking carabiners & belay/rappel devices. However, you are welcome to bring your own equipment. Please contact our office for gear questions. Rock shoes can be rented at JHMG.
For a printable version of this list, please click below:View PDF